Friday, August 30, 2013

Lashes, Lashes, Lashes

   So my very good friend and bridesmaid is getting married tomorrow, YAY!!  So excited for several reasons, but that's a whole other post... So in wedding preparations, she got eyelash extensions which I have always wanted to do! Until I started doing some research and trying to find an experienced stylist. I came across a salon here in Pittsburgh that looks amazing, expensive, but amazing. It might be a pre wedding splurge for me... but I thought I would share this great blog by Allison Roth Studios. Her work looks amazing and one day, I will experience it!

    In the meantime, I decided I would get some false eyelashes for the wedding. I've heard a lot about House of Lashes and decided to test them out. Their eyelashes are are natural human hair, and well priced. So I ordered 2 pairs, Femme Fatale and Tigress (pictured below).


Images via House of Lashes

   I couldn't wait to get them, and they were offering free shipping with purchases over $25! They came fast and I rushed home to try them... FAIL... I put them on and showed Mr. C and he thought I looked ridiculous. Well, okay they were extremely long... And maybe I have really big eyes, but the lashes were too short for my eyes. Nonetheless, I thought they looked okay.  Mr. C continued to laugh and tell me that he "liked my original goods better." 

    I have been blessed/cursed with a lot of hair, so I don't actually need fake eyelashes or eyelash  extensions. But what women doesn't want longer fuller lashes?! Having long full lashes changes your whole look. I've found that using the individual lashes works best for me. I've always found that sometimes, it isn't about the brand of lashes, it's all in the application. You can get Ardell lashes at Target for well, cheap, and they aren't bad! In fact, the Ardell lashes come with some of my favorite lash adhesive. Not only does it come in an easy to use application it also is some of the strongest adhesive I've used. 

    I think the House of Lashes are just gorgeous. They have every type of lash you could ever want. From natural looking to glam, they are simply gorgeous!!
Image via House of Lashes

   So will you ladies be wearing false eyelashes for your big day? Will you try lash extensions? Do you have a favorite brand of lashes to wear?!








No comments:

Post a Comment