Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Finding the Perfect Muff


      I’m not sure when the idea came to me, but one day, I up and decided I wanted my girls to carry muffs instead of bouquets.  I thought it would be the perfect touch for a winter wedding and a great keepsake for the girls.  I also figured that 4 muffs would be much cheaper than 4 bouquets haha.  When I told the girls about my idea, they were thrilled, with the exception of my sister… She couldn’t stand the idea… but hey majority wins right?! So begins my hunt for the perfect muff!

 

Naturally I headed straight to Etsy, the most magical of all wedding sites! I was instantly flooded with fur muffs and stoles and wanted to buy them all! I had to keep my blinders on and head straight for what I needed though. After a few days of searching through Etsy, I had my favorites locked in.


 
 And the Winner!!
All Images via Etsy


 
     Earlier, MOH BonBon and I had decided that the muffs with the stripes looked the best. These were a little harder to find, but definitely the better of the muffs. I don’t know how many of you out there are looking to purchase fur muffs or stoles for well, any reason, but Etsy is definitely the place to go. I found this wonderful woman named Julie who had a shop SewUDesigns, and she was fabulous. She was offering 10% off if you bought 3 products or more and makes everything to order. I couldn’t be happier with the muffs and they were a great price!

    I had also launched an intensive search earlier to find a vintage brooch for MOH BonBon to put on her muff. Of course, Etsy saved the day! I decided that since the muffs would be white, the brooch should have some color. The colors of our wedding are navy blue (more midnight), white and silver and a tiny accent of blush. I searched high and low for a vintage brooch with some blue in it. In fact, I lusted after this one for days… and finally I decided this was it!! Let me tell you, if you ever want to buy vintage jewelry, I bought this brooch from DecoTrove on Etsy. I have to tell you, this was the best transaction I have ever had. The nicest seller and emailed me right away, made for a great buying experience!!

Personal Photo

     Now that I had the muffs and the brooch, I was almost done! I had met with my florist, Megan, of Fragile Paradise, and not only is so incredibly sweet, she’s ridiculously talented. She suggested making a corsage for MOH BonBon, what a fabulous idea! I turned the brooch over to her so she could use it for the corsage. Now I’m left to anxiously await the final product, I know it will be gorgeous though! Are any of you ladies using something else besides bouquets for your girls? Any money saving ideas? What about other winter weddings, will you be adding a touch of winter with some faux fur?!

No comments:

Post a Comment