Thursday, August 22, 2013

"Chantilly Lace and a Pretty Face"

     Before I got engaged, I had spent about 6 months envisioning what my wedding dress would look like. The only reason I was even thinking about this was because my sister had gotten engaged and I was introduced to the world of wedding gowns.
     If anyone asked me what kind of dress I wanted, I had one reply LACE!!! I knew I wanted lace, it's so elegant and vintage, exactly the image I wanted to portray. I looked at a few dresses online, but I knew what I wanted, why did I have to look?! In fact, I was convinced this was my dress.

Image via MB Bride

I showed all my friends, my mom, my sister, everyone and anyone and we all agreed this was the dress! It was perfect, I had very few dress requirements:
    1. Non-Strapless- Let's face it, how many of you ladies have looked back on a  strapless dress you wore, any dress, and wish you hadn't worn it? There are tons of pictures of you pulling up your dress all night long. While the dress is gorgeous, it just annoys you all night long. My wedding gown had to have sleeves of some sorts.
    2. Lace- I have always loved lace, I adore it and I love the vintage feel it has. Our wedding doesn't really have a theme, but if it did I would say it's vintage, elegant vintage.
    3. Covered Back- This may seem like an odd one, but it was important. I have a surprising amount of tattoos and I knew my mom wouldn't want to see a tattooed back staring at her during our ceremony. So I decided, even though I loved the look of an open back, it was not for me.

So I browsed a few sites and picked out my favorite lace dresses.



All Images Via MB Bride


These are just a few dresses that I wanted to try on, and actually got to. So raring to go with some of my favorite lace dress photos in hand, I made my dress appointment and anxiously waited for the big day. So which dress did I pick? More on the dress shopping experience later, but for now, I want to hear about your dress shopping experiences. Did you know what kind of dress you wanted? Did you have certain requirements that your dress had to meet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment