Monday, August 26, 2013

It’s All About the Accessories!!


Who loves accessories?!!

Image via Jane Heller Blog


Me!! I do I do!!


Who doesn’t love a good accessory? A great shoe, some sparkly earrings, accessories will bring an outfit together with one quick swoop of a necklace.  So naturally, these were the items that I was most excited to get (besides my dress).


Like most brides, I love the colored shoe trend. I think it is beautiful and brings such a great pop of color to your well, white/ivory/alabaster etc.  dress.  When it comes to wedding accessories, what’s the item you hear about most? SHOES!! Of course they are so important. You want to be comfortable right? And you want to be stylish, of course! As many other women before me, I have lusted after Carrie Bradshaw’s Manolo Blahnik’s as the perfect wedding shoe. They are gorgeous and the quintessential wedding shoe.  Of course at $965, they are just out of my budget. Oh who am I kidding, that’s not anywhere near the budget!!

Image Via Lystit

So now I’m on the hunt for the perfect blue wedding shoe, and dare I say it, before I buy my wedding dress, gasp!! So the number one concern is comfort, as anyone who has ever been in a wedding knows, you’re on your feet all night, and you want to be comfortable. So I started googling to see who has the most comfortable shoes. While I wanted a highly sought after designer like Jimmy Choo or Christian Louboutin I knew it just wasn’t possible. Plus, after reading reviews, they didn’t sound comfortable! One name stood out though as being comfortable, Kate Spade. I never thought of her shoes, so I started looking and my goodness, gorgeous, and much more affordable! So many choices, but I narrowed it down to one and thought, “I have to buy them now, what if they’re gone soon?!” So I started hunting for a coupon, and found if you sign up on www.KateSpade.com, you get 15% off your first order! Fantastic, plus free shipping yay! So I thought for $278.80, I needed these shoes.


Image via Kate Spade


Kate Spade obviously understands women because she ships fast. I had those pretty blue shoes in my hands in time to wear them for dress shopping and what a treat that was!


So after the shoes, what’s really left? Well, you’d be surprised. My next mission… headpiece! I’m not a veil person, I already knew that. But my dress really was not a veil kind of dress and my veil feelings were confirmed at the bridal shop. I tried on a lovely hair clip with my dress and I was sold, except on the price. $100 for a hair clip? No thank you!


When I had my “Meet the Maids” Dinner, my sister and Bridesmaid let’s call her Bridesmaid Stylist told me about this wonderful place in the South Side, Clarissa Boutique (www.ClarissaBoutique.com) and I just had to go. My sister and I went one day after work and oh my, I can’t begin to tell you the eye candy of jewels there!! We spent a while with a lovely salesgirl who picked out hair clips for me to try on. We couldn’t decide between 2 of them, and that’s when she told us, we could combine them! What?! Custom hair clip, SOLD! So she wrote down what I wanted and told me it would be $7 to add tulle and rhinestones, that’s it?! I couldn’t believe it. So I paid her the $80 for my hair clip and waited about 3 weeks for it to come in. And the result is this magical hair comb!

Personal Photo
While I was at Clarissa’s I started trying on some earrings… Thinking I needed something simple, but found I didn’t like anything simple. I was then lead to a pair of beautiful Justine M Couture earrings (www.JustineMCouture.com ), I had to have them, so I vowed to pick them up when I came back for my hair comb. In the meantime, I waited for my hair comb to be finished and received a lovely card from Clarissa’s thanking me for my purchase and offering me 15% off my next purchase! So sure enough, when I went back to pick up my hair comb, I ordered the earrings (they didn’t have any left) and used my 15% off. What a great boutique that is!

Personal Photo
     So now it’s down to… a purse… Everyone I talked to thinks a purse on your wedding day is ridiculous. Not this bride! I have a purse obsession and am completely lost if I don’t have one. So even if I carry around a purse for 10 minutes on our wedding day… I need one.


   You have any idea how hard it is to decide on a wedding purse?! I really had no clue, until I read an article about winter wedding ideas…. There was a picture of rhinestone shoes and a rhinestone clutch, perfection!! I then knew what to look for, but my goodness, do you know how many choices there are?! I narrowed it down between a few selections…



All Images via Nordstrom's


And sought the help of my friends to pick the winner! And the winner is…


Personal Photo

    Here’s the great news, I got it on Amazon (www.amazon.com) which has never (okay maybe a few times) let me down. And the purse was $30 cheaper than Nordstroms. Let me tell you, this clutch is beautifully made, but it weighs a ton! I have had several occasions where I wanted to use it, but then where is the special moment where you bring it out for your wedding day?!


Next up… finding a perfect fur stole and muffs for my girls!! What kind of accessories are you guys wearing?! Do you have colored shoes? Are they your something blue? What was your accessory splurge?!

No comments:

Post a Comment