Friday, August 23, 2013

I'm a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie World...

    Well not really, not anywhere close to it actually!! Those of you who don't know me, have no idea about this obsession with makeup that I have... It's terrible.... So much makeup and well I can't wear all of it at once! My love have makeup had me wondering early on, "How will I do my makeup for the big day?!" So shortly after we got engaged, I headed to my favorite MAC counter to visit my very good friend and request her services for the wedding!
Image via AIDS Foundation
(If you weren't aware, MAC does amazing things for AIDS research)

Once I met with Friend MAC, I truly realized, I have no clue what to do about makeup... You think being makeup obsessed I would know right? WRONG! For reference this is what houses most, yes most of my makeup collection...
Personal Photo

There is a 6th drawer there, but it's not shown due to it's random items looking rather messy... I tweeted this picture and MAC retweeted it, I almost died!! Every single thing in there is MAC, so terrible. And so much of it completely untouched... But I can't help it! I feel like either you A) LOVE makeup like me B) Wear makeup just to work and such or  C) You are naturally gorgeous and wear no makeup and buy no makeup (I'm totally jealous). I mean, I'm obviously no Mimi Bobeck when it comes to makeup.


But I might have more makeup than good ol' Mimi... So we have to meet in the middle for wedding makeup right? Not too much, but not too little. I like to look "natural" and by that I mean look like I'm not wearing a ton of makeup, not look like I have no makeup on haha. But for your wedding, you want to look extra great right? But like yourself... So what to do... Do I go with something natural and barely there?
Image via Hair Style Dreams

Or go for the "I'm taking photos and regular makeup won't show up well" look?

Don't like that choice? Come on, it seems fun right?!! Okay, no that won't work either. I wanted something somewhat in between these 2 ends of the spectrum... Here's my other problem, being half black, makeup is different for me than others. If you search for wedding makeup photos, all the photos well, don't help me. Because of this issue, this is why I only trust Friend MAC to do my makeup, she knows my skin and what looks best. So what to do, what to do...  I saw this photo and loved it...

Image via Weddingzidea

Perfect! Not too much makeup, focus o the eyes, a nude lip and soft cheeks and some stellar eyelashes. I loved it! Could this woman look anymore gorgeous?! Now to have fun recreating it! What are you ladies doing for wedding makeup? Those of you that don't wear much or any makeup, will you keep it natural or glam it up? What about you girls that love makeup?! Looking forward having an excuse to do "bigger" makeup for your big day!?


No comments:

Post a Comment