Sunday, September 1, 2013

Meet the Maids

   Before I got engaged, I had the perfect idea of how to ask my girls to be in the wedding.  I had picked out t-shirts I wanted get for them and had the perfect "Meet the Maids" party planned. Unfortunately, I'm a tad bit superstitious and felt that doing all this before we got engaged would be a jinx. Even though I knew it was coming someday, I had no idea when, so I held off on planning anything. 

   Fast forward to one Friday night in April and we've just gotten engaged! All of a sudden, it hit me that I'm seeing 3 out of 4 of my friends that I want to ask to be in the wedding and I'm not prepared with anything to ask them. So instead I casually ask my girls to be in the wedding and decide to plan a special night out for all 5 of us in the next month.

   I decided to order the t-shirts I had been eyeing and make up goodie boxes for the girls. I found these great boxes at Pat Catan's that fit my vintage theme.
Personal Image

  I filled the box with a bunch of goodies:
- Mini bottle of Champagne
- MAC Lipstick
- Hand cream 
- Masks
- Nail polish
- Nail File
- Smashbox primer
- Hand sanitizer
- Tissues
- Personalized T-shirt
- Crystal snowflake suncatcher
- Personalized compact
- Mini calendar
- Magnet and card with a list of all the girls contact information




All Images Personal

  I searched high and low for a little bag to put all the little goodies in and finally found a set of 5 bags on eBay for under $10, what a deal! I hit up MAC and had my very good friend find lipstick colors for each girl, and boy did she do a fantastic job picking the right colors! I made t-shirts for all the girls on Bridal Party Tees, which had the cutest t-shirt designs by far! After I had most of the goodies for the boxes, I hit Vistaprint and made magnets and cards for the girls, and these cute little invitations. 

Personal Image

 I mailed out the inviations and awaited our fun evening out. I waited until all the girls arrived and then... they got to finally open their boxes! I was so excited, and all the girls were even more excited. I wanted my girls to know how much I appreciated them.  If there has one thing I have learned through being in weddings is show your bridal party how much you appreciate them. Being in a wedding is a ton of work, and your bridal party is glad to help, we are there to help, but it's a two way street. There is nothing worse than a bride that demands the world and gives nothing in return. A little love goes a long way! What kind of things have you done for your bridal party? Have you asked your girls to be in the wedding in cute ways? Had a get together dinner for everyone to meet?!



No comments:

Post a Comment